Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Welcome / Present Cake


Welcome to my Cake Blog!!! This is my little place to post the progression and information on my cake decorating. I've been loosely decorating for 5 years, but have recently decided I want to pursue this more to the point that perhaps I can open a funky little cake shop one day. We'll see. Thanks for visiting and enjoy!!!


Above is a BIRTHDAY PRESENT CAKE I made for a dear friend of mine. It was a surprise. ...sort of. It was my first go at a cake this size (8'' square) with fondant. I had a blast making this cake. I only had to roll the fondant out 4 times before I got it right! Lesson learned from this cake is that I definitely need to make my fondant thicker when I cover cakes .
Inside was chocolate fudge cake with a chocolate fudge frosting. Yuuuuuuum!!!!!

2 comments:

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

hi eva
Glad to be the first one to comment on your blog. Your cake looks appealing and you will surely live to your dreams of opening a funky cake shop . All the best from a fellow cake lover.

Eva's Cake House said...

Thanks so much!!! :)